Comments

15 comments from 2011
Yearly Comment Archives   2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 1Post ID:  00291
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: January 01, 2011 12:31 am EST     Posted: 6 years ago

Happy New Year 2011

Happy new year everyone, 2010 sure did go fast.

Cheers
Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Fat Arse
Post: 2Post ID:  00294
Author: Fat ArseEmail: innu2007@gmail.com
Website: http://arsenisms.blogspot.com/Location: Winnipeg
Date: March 04, 2011 2:13 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

A history of the Stubby?

Just curious, are you aware of any published works that deal with the history of the stubby in Canada and its iconic image to many of us?
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 3Post ID:  00295
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: March 06, 2011 1:20 am EST     Posted: 6 years ago

Re: A history of the Stubby?

In response to post #2 ..... Brew North - "How Canadians Made Beer and Beer Made Canada" by Ian Coutts is a book on the history of beer in Canada and has some information on the stubby beer bottle.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Dan O\'Keeffe
Post: 4Post ID:  00296
Author: Dan O\'KeeffeEmail: dokeeffe2007@gmail.com
Website: n/aLocation: Cork, Ireland
Date: April 09, 2011 5:30 am EST     Posted: 6 years ago

semi retired

Presently I am updating the story of Eugene O'Keeffe who emigrated to Toronto in 1832.

Just wondering if the O'Keefe brand of beer is still marketed. I have 2 bottles of the brand in my house since my visit to Toronto in 1994, and it started my research after I had seen the O'Keefe Centre for Performing arts. Did not know of the man before then.

Dan
Back to TopPost by Lloyd
Post: 5Post ID:  00297
Author: Lloyd Email: elainedu@shaw.ca
Website: Location: Vernon, B.C.
Date: May 14, 2011 12:43 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

I have 4 (never opened)"Uncle Ben's" stubbies with the "first ever" pull tab tops. Any offers?
Back to TopPost by Derek
Post: 6Post ID:  00298
Author: DerekEmail: derekangele@yahoo.ca
Website: Location:
Date: May 22, 2011 1:05 am EST     Posted: 6 years ago

I used to collect caps and labels from way back. I looked at your stubbies collection and was curious to know if your selling or looking to add to your collection.
I have unfortunately lost most of my collection, but still have a couple hundred caps from the breweries pre capped.
I am interested in adding to my collection and perhaps trading as well if you are interested in adding to yours.
Lemme know :)
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 7Post ID:  00300
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: May 24, 2011 5:33 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

Buying and selling breweriana

In response to post #6 ..... Hello Derek

I do not collect bottles, or any sorts of breweriana anymore. My collection is presently stored away and I am not looking to add bottles or sell them, but I might start to buy stubbies in the future.

Two full stubby bottles I'm interested in are Magnum Ale and Magnum 5.5 as a set.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Stephen
Post: 8Post ID:  00302
Author: StephenEmail: stechamar@yahoo.fr
Website: Location:
Date: May 29, 2011 2:09 am EST     Posted: 6 years ago

help with a stubby label?

Hi, your site intro'd me to stubbies. Thanks. I'm trying to learn the name of the beer at around 33 seconds in this video by the Weakerthans. Any help emailed to me appreciated. Cheers.

Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 9Post ID:  00303
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: June 01, 2011 8:46 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

Re: Help with a stubby label?

In response to post #8 ..... Hello Stephen

Sorry, I don't recognize the bottle at all. Below is a screen shot from the YouTube video. If I find more information on the bottle I will post it.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Angel
Post: 10Post ID:  00307
Author: AngelEmail: lost_angel1972@hotmail.com
Website: Location:
Date: July 09, 2011 1:24 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

Stubby Bottles

I have several "stubby" bottles. However every image I can find online of a stubby has a small neck before the lip where the cap sits. The bottles I have, have NO neck at all. Just a lip where the cap sits. One is a Molson Export. I am trying to find any information on age and or value for this type of bottle. Any information to help point me in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks!!
Back to TopPost by CGS
Post: 11Post ID:  00322
Author: CGSEmail: extremefisherwoman@gmail.com
Website: Location: Edmonton, AB
Date: August 28, 2011 5:04 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

We Have Stubbies

My husband was on a job cleaning out an old machine shop. He found 34 empty stubby bottles with a variety of labels. Do you know where in the Edmonton area we could sell them? The bottle depot would only offer 10 cents a bottle because they are under 1 litre. The person would have to come to us to pick them up. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 12Post ID:  00323
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: August 28, 2011 5:09 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

RE: We Have Stubbies

In response to post #11 ..... Hello CGS

The best place to sell them is Ebay. You can check the completed auctions for a rough estimate on what you might be able to sell them for.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Scott
Post: 13Post ID:  00324
Author: ScottEmail: squooter@gmail.com
Website: Location: Vancouver
Date: October 21, 2011 1:06 am EST     Posted: 5 years ago

Selling Stubby Collection

Leonard,

Would EBay also be a good place to sell an entire collection? I have about 300 empty bottles, probably 200 of them stubbies dating back to the 60s and 70s, largely from Quebec and Ontario. No space for them anymore, but they do carry a degree of sentimentality.
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 14Post ID:  00325
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: October 21, 2011 1:19 am EST     Posted: 5 years ago

Selling Stubbies on Ebay

In response to post #13 ..... Hello Scott

Yes ..... Ebay would be the best place to sell the stubbies. If you do a search for completed auctions you will get a rough idea how much they sell for. To speed it up you could even sell in lots of 10 and the empties would be easy to ship.

I know what you mean by them having some sentimental value. My pre-digital camera equipment, 1970's stereo, LP's and CD's also had sentimental value but once you start selling and getting rid of them you wont regret it.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Glynis Vocat
Post: 15Post ID:  00329
Author: Glynis VocatEmail: glynis_bissell@yahoo.ca
Website: Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada
Date: November 26, 2011 3:37 am EST     Posted: 5 years ago

Stubby Pop Bottle 1930-1940

I found this stubby pop bottle in the dirt about 6 years ago. In perfect condition. It's clear glass has a picture of a stubby fat kid with Stubby on the top of his pants and a stubby label red on white with Quality under it. On the base of the bottle it reads around it bottled under authority stubby co toronto. There is a 2 at the top base and 5 to the right & in the middle is a horizontal dimond with o in the middle. Do you know if this bottle is collectible as there are no chips or cracks. there are also nice design on bottle. let me know thanks glynis