Comments

21 comments from 2010
Yearly Comment Archives   2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 1Post ID:  00245
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: January 02, 2010 4:02 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Happy New Year 2010

Time sure does go fast. This site has been up for 8 years now, it seems like only yesterday when I first set it up. Be sure to check out the comments from 2009 and post your comments for 2010.

Thanks

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by Submission by email
Post: 2Post ID:  00246
Author: Submission by emailEmail: rcdickson@sympatico.ca
Website: Location:
Date: January 26, 2010 6:59 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

I have two cases of Hamilton Mountain Beer. One is unopened, the other is half full. Is anybody interested in these? Thanks.

Bob
rcdickson@sympatico.ca
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 3Post ID:  00247
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: January 26, 2010 7:11 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Re: Hamilton Mountain Beer

In response to post #2 ..... You could try Ebay or Craigslist in the collectibles section.

Info on Stubby Beer Bottle auctions:

Craigslist:

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by kerry
Post: 4Post ID:  00248
Author: kerryEmail: spidersideshow@aol.com
Website: Location: Vancouver in Beautiful British Columbia
Date: February 04, 2010 10:44 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Pop

Anybody remember Stubby Quality pop.There was a picture of a little stout man on every bottle.How did it taste?It was produced in the 40's and 50's....
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 5Post ID:  00249
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: February 05, 2010 2:13 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Re: Stubby Quality Pop

In response to post #4 ..... Here is an image of a Stubby Quality pop bottle I believe you are referring to. Way before my time so I don't know how good it was.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by shanghoon
Post: 6Post ID:  00250
Author: shanghoonEmail: shanghoon@westsidestudio.com
Website: www.shanghoon.comLocation: toronto
Date: February 19, 2010 8:47 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

stubby bottle for coors light out east i

Hi there,
What a great site. I really enjoyed it.

I need a help to find out who manufactures the stubby bottle for Coors Light out east in Canada.

Anyone have any idea?
appreciate it.
S
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 7Post ID:  00252
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: February 20, 2010 1:42 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Re: Stubby bottle for Coors Light

In response to post #6 ...... I could not find any information on "stubbies" being used to bottle Coors Light. I Googled and searched the Molson website, but came up with nothing.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by
Post: 8Post ID:  00254
Author: Email: djwells@ripnet.com
Website: Location:
Date: March 18, 2010 10:32 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Is it true that the first beer bottle was made in Mallorytown On? Someone told me that it was on your website but I couldn't find it. If you have this information, could you please send it to me as I am researching the history of Mallorytown Glass.
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 9Post ID:  00255
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: March 19, 2010 2:43 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Mallorytown Glass Works

In response to post #8 ...... Checkout The Canadian Encyclopedia at:

"The first known Canadian glass factory or glasshouse, the Mallorytown Glass Works in Upper Canada, began operation in 1839 and closed in 1840."

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by frank
Post: 10Post ID:  00256
Author: frankEmail: fherstek@yahoo.com
Website: Location: buffalo ny
Date: May 01, 2010 10:59 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

what do you know about reinhardts white horse ale old chum lager....I have a tray from that brewery and am unable to locate info thanks
Back to TopPost by frank
Post: 11Post ID:  00257
Author: frankEmail: fherstek@yahoo.com
Website: Location: buffalo ny
Date: May 01, 2010 10:59 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Back to TopPost by frank
Post: 12Post ID:  00258
Author: frankEmail: fherstek@yahoo.com
Website: Location: buffalo ny
Date: May 01, 2010 10:59 am EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Back to TopPost by George T.
Post: 13Post ID:  00259
Author: George T.Email:
Website: Location:
Date: May 09, 2010 5:24 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Rare Stubby pop bottle?

When i was in high school in the 70's,i put my coins in the pop machine and ordered a cream soda.Out came a stubby cream soda,but had a long metal rod inside of it.I never opened it and still have it to this day.Can anyone have an idea what the object is and if this is worth anything.Will check back later.Have a good one.
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 14Post ID:  00260
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: May 09, 2010 6:15 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Re: Rare Stubby pop bottle?

In response to post #13 ...... Could you email me a picture? My email is len.whistler@gmail.com

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by George
Post: 15Post ID:  00261
Author: GeorgeEmail:
Website: Location:
Date: June 07, 2010 10:57 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Hi Leonard,
will try to send pic in next few days for the rare stubby bottle with metal object inside.
Back to TopPost by duane sorenson
Post: 16Post ID:  00266
Author: duane sorensonEmail: duane@stumptowncoffee.com
Website: Location:
Date: July 27, 2010 1:40 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

does anyone know who still manufactures stubby bottles today?
i know full sail uses then for their session beer but no one there is talking.
Back to TopPost by Bob
Post: 17Post ID:  00270
Author: BobEmail: dacollector@shaw.ca
Website: Location: Powell River, BC
Date: August 07, 2010 10:02 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

Carling Big Horn Stout

Help !!! I have a Canadian Stubby ... Carling - Big Horn Stout bottled in Calgary ...12 oz. ... I cannot find any info or pics of this bottle anywhere ?? Was it a limited production or just a one time thing ??? Any help appreciated ...Bob
Back to TopPost by lucy
Post: 18Post ID:  00271
Author: lucy Email: lucyh65@shaw.ca
Website: Location: winnipeg manitoba
Date: October 08, 2010 9:44 pm EST     Posted: 7 years ago

1980's club beer commercials

I have been trying to find old club beer commercials that were made here in winnipeg manitoba in the 80's. Does anyone know of any out there? The slogan was ( brewed for people like you) i think? I have numerous friends that were in them would love to find a copy of one! Thanks to anyone that can help. Lucy.
Back to TopPost by
Post: 19Post ID:  00288
Author: Email: dawna.dalton76@yahoo.com
Website: Location: Portland Or
Date: December 19, 2010 12:17 am EST     Posted: 6 years ago

How much does 2 cent stubby bear bottles going for I would like to sell them they are empty.Please let me know thank you.
Back to TopPost by Leonard Whistler
Post: 20Post ID:  00289
Author: Leonard WhistlerEmail: len.whistler@gmail.com
Website: www.Stubby.caLocation: Vancouver, Canada
Date: December 19, 2010 2:36 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

In response to post #19 ...... The best way to sell your bottle is to put it up for auction on Ebay with a good picture.

Leonard Whistler
Back to TopPost by dan latimer
Post: 21Post ID:  00290
Author: dan latimerEmail: djlfarms@hotmail.com
Website: Location: kingston ont
Date: December 20, 2010 12:52 pm EST     Posted: 6 years ago

i have about 60 different stubby canadian bottles for sale just wondering if you know anyone who would like to buy them 6133537461 thank you dan